Information pursuant to Art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/2003.
The owner of the data processed by this site is MARCHESANI S.P.A. , which is headquartered in Italy, C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 50, 66051 Cupello (CH) Italy, VAT number: 02385000696 (hereinafter: “MARCHESANI S.P.A. ”). The owner independently decides on the purposes and methods of the processing, as well as on the security procedures to be applied to guarantee confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data.
Optional or mandatory provision of data
Providing MARCHESANI S.P.A. with your personal data, which is requested at various collection times, may be necessary to carry out the purposes indicated in the appropriate information, or this may be optional.
The mandatory or optional nature of such provision is specified by the symbol(*) which is placed alongside information which is mandatory.
Any refusal to provide MARCHESANI S.P.A. . with such data when this is marked mandatory renders it impossible to pursue the main purpose of that collection: such refusal could, for example, make it impossible for MARCHESANI S.P.A. to perform the purchase agreement, or to provide other services that are available on filippomarchesani.com.
Supplying MARCHESANI S.P.A. with subsequent data, other than data marked as essential, is conversely optional, and does not result in any consequences in terms of completing the main purpose of such collection.
According to art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, you always have the right to obtain confirmation from MARCHESANI S.P.A. as to whether or not personal data concerning you was processed, even if it has not yet been recorded, and to be communicated such data in an intelligible form.
- an update, correction, addition of your personal data;
- the cancellation, conversion to an anonymous form or blocking of any personal data that was processed in violation of the law, including data which it is not necessary to store for the purposes for which said data was collected or subsequently processed;
- an attestation that notice of the operations indicated in letters a) and b) was given, including as concerns their content, to those people whose data was communicated or disseminated, except in the event that such measure proves to be impossible or entails using means which are clearly disproportionate with regard to the right protected.
You nevertheless have the right to object, in part or in full:
- for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning you, even if it is pertinent to the purpose for which it was collected;
- to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of sending advertising or direct marketing materials, or for completing market research or commercial communications activities.
You may exercise your rights freely and at any time, by sending a written request to MARCHESANI S.P.A. at the mailing address of the headquarters, or by sending an e-mail to Customer Service.
In order to guarantee that your personal data is always accurate, up-to-date, pertinent and complete, please inform us of any changes that have occurred via e-mail to our Customer Service, selecting “privacy” as the subject.
- processing data exclusively for the purposes and according to the methods illustrated in the information presented when the data was collected;
- only using the data for purposes in addition to those for which it was specifically released when the user has expressly consented;
- only providing access to data to third parties for purposes which are essential for performing the service requested and within the context of appointing a data controller; not communicating data, assigning it or transferring it to third parties for their own specific processing unless the users have been informed in advance and have given their consent;
- responding to requests for cancelling, changing or adding the data provided, opposing the processing of data for the purposes of sending commercial and advertising information;
- insuring proper and lawful data management, safeguarding the privacy of users, as well as applying appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data provided.
How and why we process your personal data
Your personal data is processed using primarily electronic and telematic means by MARCHESANI S.P.A. and by other parties who, having been appropriately selected for their reliability and expertise, perform operations which are instrumental to pursuing purposes that are strictly related to use of the web site, its services and to the purchasing of products through the web site.
The specific purposes for which data is processed are summarized on each occasion in the information pursuant to Art. 13, Legislative Decree 196/2003, which is presented to the user when s/he releases personal data.
Generally, the data is processed to perform the following services, which are available by accessing our site:
- registration or subscription to services offered by the MARCHESANI S.P.A. , such as, for example, our newsletter or sharing through your social media accounts;
- order fulfilment and related activities;
- management of payments, including anti-fraud control in case of payment by credit/debit card (in which case the data released during the purchase process will be sent to the person in charge of antifraud control);
- management of your requests: technical, of a commercial nature, regarding the progress of your orders, as well as requests for information in the broader sense;
- making contact with our service professionals (Press Office, Business Development, Web Marketing, Purchasing Office, Customer Care);
- sending, upon your consent, and for marketing purposes, commercial communications through various channels, both electronic and telematic (e-mail, sms) as well as using traditional methods (paper-based mail, telephone). We remind you that, as prescribed by Art.130, Subsection 4 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, the owner may use data to send e-mails advertising its own products and services that are similar to those already purchased, unless such use is denied;
In processing data which could directly or indirectly identify you, we seek to follow a principle of strict necessity.
Your data will be communicated to third parties only with your express consent, except in cases where communication is mandatory by law or is necessary for the purposes prescribed by the law to pursue purposes for which the consent of the interested person is not requested; in these cases, data may be made available to third parties that will independently process it, and only for the aforementioned purposes (for example, in the case of a request made by the police or judiciary, or other competent entities, or to perform obligations deriving from the contract entered with you, as is the case with communication to Banca Sella S.P.A. for payments of purchased products).
There are, moreover, processes for which the legislation provides for excluding consent: for example, we inform you that MARCHESANI S.P.A. may process your personal data without obtaining your consent when this is needed to perform a legal obligation or when this is necessary to perform the obligations that have been contractually assumed towards you. We wish to inform you that Art. 130, Subsection 4 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 on personal data protection permits MARCHESANI S.P.A. , without any obligation to obtain your express consent, to use your data for direct selling activities involving products similar to those you have already purchased and for opinion survey, unless you refuse to allow such use of the e-mail address you communicated to us.
We inform you that your personal data will not be transferred abroad to countries that do not belong to the European Union, or which do not provide adequate levels of personal protection. In the event this is necessary to provide you with services, or to enter into a contract with MARCHESANI S.P.A. to purchase products, we assure you that the transfer of your personal data to countries which do not belong to the European Union or which do not provide an adequate level of protection shall be performed only prior to the signing by MARCHESANI S.P.A. and said parties of specific contracts in accordance with the applicable law and regulations.
MARCHESANI S.P.A. may end up processing personal data of third parties which has been directly communicated to MARCHESANI S.P.A. by its own users, for example in the case where a user has purchased a product to give to a friend, or when the party paying the price to purchase the product is different from the party for whom the product is intended, or even when the user intends to inform a friend of a service on filippomarchesani.com or of a sales offer of a particular product.
We inform you that these parties’consent is not necessary when the data is communicated to MARCHESANI S.P.A. to enter the contract, with MARCHESANI S.P.A. , in favour of the third party.
MARCHESANI S.P.A. reserves the right to eliminate accounts and all related data in the event that unlawful content, content that is damaging to MARCHESANI S.P.A. .’s image and/or its products or those of third parties, or content which is nevertheless offensive or which promotes illegal or defamatory activities, pornographic content, content which incites people to violence, which promotes discrimination with regard to race, sex, religion or sexual orientation, is detected.
However, MARCHESANI S.P.A. may not guarantee to its users that the measures adopted for the security of the site and the transmission of the data and information on the site limit or exclude any risk of access without consent, or dissemination of data by devices belonging to the user: we advise you to make sure that your computer is equipped with adequate software to protect against the transmission in data networks, whether through input or output (such as updated antivirus systems) and that your Internet service provider has adopted suitable measures on network data transmission security (such as, for example, firewalls and spam filters). On filippomarchesani.com, every purchase is made with the utmost security thanks to the use of the most advanced technological and coding systems (SSL).
Links to other Web Sites
Our site may contain links to other web sites which may not have any connection to us.
MARCHESANI S.P.A. does not control nor does it perform monitoring operations on these web sites and their content.
If you want more information on how MARCHESANI S.P.A. processes your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out your rights and to always remain up-to-date on the legislation on personal protection with regard to the processing of personal data, please visit the web site of the Italian Data Protection Commissioner [Garante per la protezione dei dati personali] at the following address http://www.garanteprivacy.it/.
The Code guarantees that personal data will be processed in accordance with fundamental rights and freedoms, as well as with dignity for the person concerned, particularly as concerns confidentiality, personal identity and the right to protection of personal data.
Last updated March 2016.